1. how did you get started with bodybuilding?
I first took an interest in resistance training at school. I wanted to look a little better with my shirt off & when I got the opportunity, I jumped at the opportunity to learn a little more about how to best spend my time in the gym & enrolled in a personal training qualification course.
2. what are your favourite 3 exercises ?
Squats, Incline DB Bench Presses & Neutral Grip Chins due to their compound nature.
3. where does your motivation come from ?
For me, the challenge lies within getting better week by week & continually improving over time.
4. what is your diet like ?
Each day my diet involves meeting specific macronutrient requirements & nutritional guidelines. These numbers will change in line with my goals & activity levels in order to encourage continued & optimal progress. My current macros are around 265g of protein, 100g of fat & 320g of carbs. In meeting these numbers I’ll typically aim to consume 3-4 serves of vegetables, 1-2 serves of fruit & 20-40g of dietary fibre as a minimum. I eat anywhere from 3-5 meals per day, depending on my schedule, what I have planned for the day as far as work & food is concerned, food preparation, social commitments etc – the idea is for my diet to fit into my lifestyle whilst still remaining within my target macronutrient parameters. It’s far less important WHAT you eat, in comparison to HOW MUCH. A typical day might look like:
Meal 1: 2 Scoops Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey – Banana Cream or Salted Caramel Flavour
Meal 2: Low fat Greek yoghurt with oats, fruit, peanut butter or toast or cereal. Skim Cappuccino is non-negotiable.
Meal 3: Lean source of protein such as chicken, ground turkey or beef with starchy carbs such as rice, sweet potato or pumpkin & leafy green & other coloured veggies/ low fat cheese/ sauce. Typically, ground turkey, brown rice, mixed vegetables, cheese & barbeque sauce.
Meal 4 (if applicable): Typically the same as Meal 3.
Meal 5: Dinner is typically one of 5 or 6 meals, depending on how I’ve eaten through the rest of the day & how many macros/ calories I have left over for the day. Usually this is where I’ll be a little more creative or arrange for a meal out or to let my hair down. Mexican style burrito bowl/ baked chicken with fries & veggies/ steak/ fish/ pizza/ burgers/ sushi etc – always within my target macros. If I’m strapped for time then I’ll grab another meal that is similar to how I eat throughout the day. I’m fortunate enough to be sponsored by Workout Meals Delivered which takes care of all my meal prep needs.
Dessert: I eat ice-cream pretty much every day. I might have some chocolate or Greek yoghurt or another protein shake depending on my leftover macros/ calories based on the other foods I’ve eaten through the day.
5. what is your supplementation like ?
I’m sponsored by Optimum Nutrition & incorporate the following into my routine:
• Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Whey – to assist with meeting daily protein requirements.
• Optimum Nutrition Pro BCAAs & Amino Energy – to assist with the muscle building & retention process, I consume BCAAs post-workout & between protein-rich meals.
• Optimum Nutrition Micronised Creatine – 5-10g around training times to assist with strength & energy.
• Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard Pre-Workout – for when I require a little more energy during training sessions or if I’m feeling flat ahead of a session for any reason.
6. what’s your favourite cheat meal?
As above, I fit the foods I like to eat into my daily macro requirements, so don’t ever need to cheat. My favourite foods are pizza, burgers, and ice cream.
7. what are your hobbies and interests outside of the gym ?
I love spending time with my dog Hulk, driving my car, listening to EDM/ trance & catching up with friends.
8. what’s something not many people know about you ?
I went to boarding school as a kid.
9. what’s your secret for your well shaped abs?
There’s really no secret. If you want to get lean, eat at a calorie deficit until such time as you’re able to lose enough fat to reveal your abs – from there it’s all about controlling your calorie intake to maintain it.
10. what your family and friends think about your lifestyle ?
It doesn’t really impact them. My routine is probably as normal as it could get and most of my friends do similar things.
11. according to your pictures on
Instagram you like to travel, what’s your favourite place you have been so far ?
Vegas. Hands down.
12. what’s your favorite quote ?
Don’t talk about it, be about it.